Supply Chain Sustainability - Focusing on GHG emissions reduction in the Supply Chain (Scope 3)
This two-day immersive course aims to equip practitioners and managers with the knowledge and skills to address the pressing issue of increasing sustainability requirements. With the UN Global Goals as our guiding framework, we will explore practical strategies and tools that can be implemented within your organisations. We will focus on strategies for net-zero GHG emissions and touch on other topics of the UN Global Goals for a sustainable future. By the end of this training program, you will have a toolset (communication & change management aspects) to increase the awareness of sustainability in your company and an overview of the steps to implement effective sustainability measures within your operations. We will link all strategies to commercial aspects and discuss how to improve all three corporate bottom lines (Profit, people, and planet).
This training program is designed for supply chain practitioners and managers in companies. It is an excellent program for corporate sustainability staff and management to guide the company toward improved sustainability performance.
So, if you oversee sustainability initiatives, environmental management, or operations within your organisation, this training is essential.
Attending gives you insights and practical knowledge that can be applied directly to your daily work. Whether you come from hardware manufacturing industries such as automotive, plastics, electronics, pharmaceutical, or professional services such as banking, consulting, or even governmental services that deal with regulations - the principles and strategies discussed throughout this training will help drive sustainable practices in your field and contribute to China's commitment to reducing GHG emissions and improve overall sustainable management of resources.
Our primary learning objectives for this training program are as follows:
- Understand the science behind GHG emissions and other sustainability goals, their impact on climate change, and the importance of GHG emission reduction for China and the world.
- Familiarise yourself with various strategies and tools for measuring, monitoring, and reducing GHG emissions within your manufacturing operations.
- Enhance your ability to develop and implement effective GHG reduction plans to drive sustainable practices in your organisation.
- Receive the toolset to become an ambassador for sustainability in your organisation by increasing awareness of the UN Global Goals related to climate action and understanding how your organisation can align its efforts to contribute to these goals.
During this training, we will adopt an interactive approach that combines classroom lectures (English), group discussions, internet research, and hands-on exercises (Chinese or English). This dynamic format will provide you with ample opportunities to engage in problem-solving and learn from the experiences of your peers. Group work sessions will encourage knowledge sharing and practical application of the concepts discussed. This training method has been proven to promote adult active learning. It will ensure that you can immediately apply the knowledge gained to your specific roles in your company and industry.
Attending this training will enhance its sustainability performance, optimise manufacturing or supply chain processes, and reduce emissions, ultimately leading to cost savings and improved reputation. If done right, it even enhances revenue and profitability performance.
Your organisation's commitment to reducing GHG emissions aligns with the UN Global Goals, highlighting its dedication to sustainable development, responsible manufacturing, and contributing to China's efforts in tackling climate change – a great sales argument and future order qualifier nationally and globally.
As a middle manager, you will acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to drive sustainability initiatives within your manufacturing operations, positioning yourself as an asset to your organisation and enhancing your career prospects.
Individually, this training will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of GHG emission reduction strategies, enabling you to make more informed decisions, contribute to global climate solutions, and make a positive impact on the environment for your children and grandchildren
- Welcome participants, give a short introduction among participants and provide an overview of the course objectives and agenda.
- Introduce the importance of supply chain sustainability and the role of GHG emission reduction in achieving sustainability goals.
- Build work teams to maximise learning (language, industry, function)
- Define supply chain sustainability and its key components.
- Discuss the environmental, social, and economic impacts of unsustainable supply chains.
- Cover the differentiation of Scope 1, 2, & 3 and which role supply chain/procurement managers play in addressing the different scopes.
- Case studies highlight the consequences of GHG emissions on the environment and society.
- Explain the concept of GHG emissions and their significance in supply chains.
- Discuss various GHG emission reduction strategies and practices and their merits.
- Explore examples of organisations successfully implementing emission reduction initiatives in their supply chains.
- Discuss applications in work teams.
- Introduce tools and methodologies for GHG emissions assessment.
- Explain how to conduct different forms of assessments (industry-based, commodity-based, supplier/company-based, product-based) to identify emission hotspots in the supply chain.
- Discuss strategies for managing and mitigating GHG emissions, such as adopting renewable energy, transportation optimisation, and reducing waste.
- Share best practices from leading companies in supply chain sustainability and GHG emission reduction.
- Present relevant case studies showcasing the successful implementation of emission reduction initiatives.
- Discuss lessons learned and key takeaways from these case studies.
- Provide an overview of the 17 UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
- Explain the interlinkages between supply chain sustainability, GHG emission reduction, and the UN Global Goals.
- Discuss specific goals directly related to GHG emissions, such as Goal 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy) and Goal 13 (Climate Action).
- Share examples in work groups of applying UN Global Goals in companies.
- Explore how organisations can prioritise and align their supply chain sustainability efforts with the UN Global Goals.
- Discuss practical frameworks and tools for integrating the goals into supply chain strategies.
- Excursion: How to get people to want what you want: Hacks, practices, and a bit of psychological theory
- Discuss the benefits of incorporating a broader sustainability perspective beyond GHG emission reduction.
- emission reduction.
- Highlight the importance of collaboration and stakeholder engagement in achieving sustainable supply chains.
- Discuss partnerships and initiatives that promote collaboration among supply chain stakeholders in reducing GHG emissions.
- Showcase examples of successful collaborations and their impact on achieving sustainable supply chain goals.
- Draft action plans for implementing supply chain sustainability initiatives and GHG emission reduction strategies for their company.
- Provide resources and tools for further learning and implementation support.
- Summarise critical takeaways from the course and encourage participants to share their learnings and commitments.
- Provide a summary of the course content and reiterate the importance of sustainable supply chains and GHG emission reduction.
- Offer final thoughts and express appreciation for participants' engagement and commitment.
• Buy 2 tickets, 5% discount off;
• Buy 3 tickets, 10% discount off;
• Buy 4 tickets, 15% discount off;
• Buy 5 or 5+ tickets, 20% discount off.